Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day of Spice Grinding and Organizing


I got a new spice grinder this week.  The Cuisinart  from Williams Sonoma on sale for for $29 (usually $75) my old cheap coffee grinder that I was using finally burned out and I had all these whole Indian spices and seeds that needed to get ground up.  Anyway,  I'm going to plug this one because the grinding bowl and lid are self contained and can just be thrown in the dishwasher.  No hard clean up.  And I also heard that you can give these a good work out with no problems of burning out.

I do all this as part of my Spring pantry clean up. I get rid of all my outdated spices and dry goods and replace them with fresh new ones but last week, before I got started, I also got pretty disgusted with my old spice organizer as well and went in search of something better.  So I purchased this Select-a-Spice organizer from Kitchen Art that arrived today. 
Ground some new spices and filled it up. 
Wow! am I happy!


I chose this one because, except for a small window, the spices are generally protected from light and heat which keeps them fresh longer.  You can scoop or pour large or small amounts from the top and it also has an auto measure tool  at the bottom letting you measure out a 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Also these containers hold a lot of product. Twice as much as my other little jars.  You can purchase more than one and stack them, or mount them under a cabinet.  It spins of course. It goes with my kitchen as well.  Now I can reach the electrical outlet that was always covered up by the old one.  Bonus!

I'm not getting anything for plugging these, just trying to be helpful.  Here are the links where I purchased on line if you are interested.    Spice grinder is now $39.00.   http://bit.ly/fXPCMu   and    http://bit.ly/fZd0Z1

Seem like a lot of trouble?  Well, not really, its kind of fun and if you want to up your game as a cook, a variety of fresh spices, especially fresh ground spices are one the best ways to bring more flavor to your food.  Please feel free to share your spice or pantry organizing ideas here in comments or on my Facbook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment